Wednesday, March 5

Day 29: Secret Selfishness

I just heard Frank Warren speak at KU. He is the renowned originator of PostSecret, a worldworld phenomenon where people anonymously submit their artistically portrayed secrets via postcard.

So I was inspired to share a secret of my own:

Sometimes I don't want to care about anyone but me.


During this time of focus on the poor and needy, I see more and more clearly just how selfish I really am. And I am ashamed.

...

...

...


I have nothing else to say except that I am thankful for a God who is as self-sacrificing as I am self-serving. I trust in His promise: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Frank was right. That is freeing.




Here's one montage video on the subject.
[Be warned: Some PostSecret images may be considered offensive to some. I consider this particular collection PG.]

No comments: