Saturday, March 15

Day 39: Nearing the End

Today is Saturday, the first day of my Spring Break. It's been even tougher to keep eating on a dollar a day lately for two reasons:

  1. During Spring Break, every college students snacks... a lot. And I still can't.
  2. After holding on for over a month, the end of the project is just a week away. It's even harder to stay strong to the end.

Still, I can't complain. This has been a difficult but fascinating journey, and I am glad to have taken it.

I am changed--mentally as well as physically. Several people have told me how they could see the physical change. I didn't see it until I compared photographs.

Here's one from before the project:

And one taken yesterday:


Our hair is different, but so are our faces. We do look a bit thinner.

But in spite of (or maybe because of) all this, I hold to the words of James, the brother of Jesus:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

I love that.

No comments: