Friday, March 14

Day 38: So Long, Soft Drinks

I first thought about it when I noticed an entire grocery aisle devoted to it.

As we near the end, Laura and I have been talking about what will actually change about our lives after A Dollar to Remember is finished. For me, one difference is to cut down on the number of carbonated drinks I buy.

All last month, I drank almost nothing but water. I just couldn't afford other drinks. And most didn't offer me any nutrition anyway.

This is not to say that carbonated drinks are all bad. I just see too many of them in my own life. For me, they're an indulgence that I realize isn't healthy and costs money that could go elsewhere.

So why should I drink them?


On a sidenote, I tried to buy healthy for my last full week of groceries. Here's what I bought on Wednesday:

No comments: