Saturday, March 22

Day 46: The Final Day

This is the last day of eating on a dollar a day. Tomorrow is Easter, and I will have a full "normal" lunch after the Sunday service to break the fast.

I am excited and exhausted at the same time. These last few days have been especially difficult, feeling like the last leg of a long marathon. Still, I am satisfied, knowing our mission has been fulfilled.

At the bottom of this blog has been written a single verse from Galatians. It comes from the time when the Apostle Paul and Barnabas are about to separate from Peter, James, and John and move in different directions in their ministry of the gospel. At that moment, Paul makes one simple note:

"All they asked was that we should
continue to remember the poor,
the very thing I was eager to do."


So Laura and I put up A Dollar to Remember with a similar goal. And we have remembered. It has been a humbling, enlightening, frustrating, joyous journey. I am grateful for the experience.

Over the next few days, I will continue to blog about my closing thoughts and greatest lessons. Until then, here is all the food I have eaten over the past month and a half:


Week 7

Week 6

Week 5

Week 4

Week 3

Week 2

Week 1

All food costs from 46 days:

$45.98


1 comment:

Cathy said...

Sweet! I had my first cup of coffee today in two weeks..and it tasted great!

I worked it out and I spend alot more on coffee than I originally thought...