Monday, March 17

Day 41: Rumbles

This morning I woke up to a loud clap of thunder.

It's the first thunderstorm of the season. And I love it. I have always loved thunder and lightning. There are few things in the world as powerful and awesome as the blinding flash of light and the earth-shattering boom.

I reminds me of the end of the book of Job. After days and days of Job's suffering and questions, we finally read these words:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm.


Whoa. I can't imagine what that must've been like. As God himself speaks, He answers Job's question with more questions:

Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Have you entered the storehouses of the snow? Do you send the lightning bolts on their way? Do they report to you, 'Here we are'? Do you have an arm like God's, and can your voice thunder like his?

Finally, Job responds: "I know that you [LORD] can do all things."

As my stomach rumbles, telling me it's time for my oatmeal breakfast, the thunder rumbles, telling me that my all-powerful God is in control. He can do all things.

I love that.

No comments: