Friday, February 22

Day 17: Understanding God?

I don't know how to handle poverty.

It's not only hard for me to see that it exists. It's also hard for me to understand why and how it exists. I get overwhelmed by the weight so easily.

This morning I read a section from Isaiah in the Bible:

"The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them."

Isaiah 41:17



Sometimes that's hard for me to understand. I still see the suffering of the poor and needy, yet God says He will not forsake them. Maybe I will never fully understand how this works, but I know somehow it fits together.

If I turn back just one chapter in Isaiah, he writes this:

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

Isaiah 40:28



My God is all-present, all-powerful, and all-knowing. I can rest in the knowledge that He has everything under control.

I love that.

No comments: