Thursday, February 14

Day 9: Most Special Dinner

Today is Valentine's Day. But there will be no chocolates or fancy restaurants for Laura and I.

Still, we're intent on having a special dinner keeping within the dollar-a-day bounds.

We shopped for groceries very intentionally yesterday. We made several sacrifices for the rest of the week, but we came up with a nice menu:

  • Vegetable soup
  • Biscuit with peanut butter
  • Jamaican UNIQ fruit (half)
  • Jell-O (for dessert)

Total cost: $0.76 apiece (approx.)

I planned more for this one meal than I have in a long time. I also sacrificed more. Somehow, though, these things make it so much more special--probably the most special dinner I have ever made.

I'm excited to eat tonight.

And I am thankful for what I have.









Laura spoons out the Jell-O for us. It was the sweetest thing I've tasted in a while.

No comments: