Friday, February 29

Day 24: Half Way

I've just crossed the half-way point.

I don't know whether to feel encouraged or discouraged by that. Here's a rundown on where I am now:

  • I have learned so much so far about myself and others.
  • I realize there is still much more to learn.
  • I am sometimes frustrated or jealous about food.
  • Other times I am content with the situation.
  • I don't feel dizzy, weak, or particularly hungry.
  • I have lost a lot of weight: now 25 pounds.
  • It has been much harder than I thought, in unexpected ways.
  • I am ready to be "normal" again.
  • I feel for the people for whom this is normal.


Here are the groceries I bought this week:


One final thing:

Today is February 29th, a bonus day that only comes once every four years. Laura and I joked about how we have to make the most of today since it doesn't happen very often.

That's how I feel about A Dollar to Remember. It is a special thing. And I want to make the most of it.

No comments: