Tuesday, February 5

Preparing to Begin

Tomorrow is the first day.

I bought all my groceries for the coming week: $7 worth of food. With much less than half as much food as I usually buy, it ironically took me twice as long to buy it. I noticed a few things as I walked through the grocery store:

  • Every penny matters. I can't afford most food items anymore.

  • My food is precious. I almost dropped a can of beans, and my heart about stopped.

  • If I don't buy wisely, I won't eat later.

  • I was a little jealous of other people. I wanted a piece of fruit, but I couldn't afford it.


Thinking about the coming effects of this has already made me a little hungry. And I haven't even begun. I am taking meticulous care of the food money from now until Easter. I only have $46 from now until then: one dollar for each day.

We'll see where A Dollar to Remember takes us.

No comments: